The 2019 Generation Apprenticeship competition finalists will receive:
- A Generation Apprenticeship excellence certificate
- Inclusion in a high profile exhibition
- Online exhibition of their work
- An invite to a glittering awards ceremony
- An ‘Alfie’ (Oscars brother) a handcrafted version of the Generation Apprenticeship A brand presented at the awards evening
- A Generation Apprenticeship finalist logo which can be used in future communication
- An A2 poster of finalist projects
- Promotion via a national campaign
- Media kit preparation and distribution
In addition the winners and runners-up receive:
- Cash Prize
- Winner and runner-up logo which can be used in future communication
- Exclusive interview at the awards evening
- Generation Apprenticeship winner and runner-up trophy
- Their winning entry on permanent display
Developing pathways to education will be key to achieving our ambition to make Ireland’s education and training system the best in Europe by 2026.
We as a Government are dedicated to developing apprenticeships and have committed to more than doubling the number of new apprentices registered to 9,000 by 2020 and expanding further into new areas.
Now more than ever there are really fantastic opportunities in apprenticeship. Not only are we growing the traditional craft-based programmes after their demise during the recession but new industries are now embracing the apprenticeship model for the first time, giving people great opportunities to ‘earn while they learn’ in really exciting new areas.
Generation Apprenticeship is a fantastic way to recognize the excellent work of our apprentices and I am so impressed by the creativity of the work that is on display through this competition.
Richard Bruton TD, Minister for Education and Skills